Thought I would share a couple of classic catfish recipes. These would both be a great way to use your weekly shares.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Fillets cut into 4 (6-ounce) pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of fish with the paprika mixture.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add fish; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
this one is always a favorite
- corn oil for deep-frying
- 3 to 4 catfish fillets, about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- salt to taste, if desired
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:Cut each catfish fillet in half crosswise.
Combine the cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
Dredge the fish fillets in the cornmeal, patting to make the cornmeal cling to the fillets. Drop the fillets in deep hot oil at about 370°. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
Serve with slaw, ketchup, and hush puppies.